Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 
Brian Tsang

I would like to share with you my Urbana 06 experience.

Waking Up
Urbana 06 was an impactive experience for all of us. If Urbana is a refresher in my spiritual life, it is an ultra strong refresher. It opened my eyes to different ways of bible studies, worship and different global issues.

Reaching Up
To study scripture with 500 people was in itself an experience. The inductive process of 1) observation; 2) question and answer and 3) application was inspiring and helpful.

The program of Urbana 06 was built around the Book of Ephesians. We studied the entire book in depth during morning Bible studies and exposition. The themes of the evening sessions also came directly from Ephesians. The worship, drama and dances likewise were shaped by the content of Ephesians. The conference’s focus is doing the Word instead of hearing the Word.

The diversity of the worshippers and the worship experience was the most powerful experience I have ever experienced in my life. It was awesome that we came together as one to worship one God, under one roof, in one nation. Is this heaven on earth?


Lifting Up
The noon session
noon on Dec. 30 in the Edward Jones Dome moved thousands. We fasted from lunch for this prayer session. We prayed for thanksgiving. We sought repentance through confession for our sins.

Near the end of the session, the speaker Lisa Laird addressed the execution of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. She led us to pray that we would not allow hatred to remain in our hearts, particularly toward Hussein. She emphasized that she believed hatred was never appropriate for the body of Christ. At that moment, I realized that the execution of Saddam was a soul lost. Am I getting too comfortable and unconcerned for others?

Firing Up
I enjoyed this real voyage of discovery. I came back with new eyes and asked new questions. I prayed about what steps God would call me to take following Urbana 06. Am I courageous enough to ask?

Thank you for supporting us through prayers, and through your contribution to the Mission Fund. Your concern and generosity has made it possible for us to attend this five-day mission conference. The impact will continue. We will share it with students and young people, offering them God’s gift of hope and transformation through the message of Jesus Christ.

Blessings,





Brian Tsang


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?