Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 
esther chui

Hi, my name is Esther Chui and I must say that going to Urbana was definitely an eye-opener! I went to Urbana wanting to know what God wants me to do in my life. Currently in my third year, I’m starting to worry about what to do after graduating especially when other people around me seem to know. I thought going Urbana will allow me to know what God’s calling is for me. I thought somehow He would speak to me there.



When I first registered for Urbana I was really excited but later on there were other things that started to come up in my mind. I was worried about not knowing the people in my group. I know there were 31 other SCBC people going however, I didn’t really know a lot of them and none of my fellowship friends are going either. It seems like I’m alone. I’m really thankful that God allowed me to know new friends through those five days. I felt His presence and I was able to focus my purpose of going to Urbana on God and not on other things around me. The reason I went to Urbana was to meet God.

During Urbana we studied the book of Ephesians and heard from different speakers. It was just amazing seeing 22,000 people worshipping and praising God together. We came from all over North America with a different culture and a different background but coming together for the same purpose: we wanted to meet God and let Him shape our direction in life. It felt like a BIG family. In Ephesians, it talked about the idea of unity and we together are the body of Christ. Not only that, but these five days made me became more aware of what’s happening in the world. Even though I can tell you that at this moment I don’t know what God’s calling for me is, but what I know is He has something planned for everyone and we should get ready so that together as a unified body we WILL change the world.

Lastly, I just want to thank you all for your prayers and support. Please continue to pray for all of us as we head back to school and that we will be able to learn and tell people about our experience from Urbana and that God will use us wherever, whatever and whenever it may be to change the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?