Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 
Jasmine’s Urbana ’06 Blurb
My previous experience at Urbana ’03 left me feeling sure of God’s direction for me at the time. I confirmed a three-month university student ministry with OMF (Overseas Missions Fellowship) in Thailand for the summer of 2004. Urbana ’06, however, did not leave me with such a clear message. Instead, I left knowing that this time around I was seeking a longer calling, a life-long calling to use and surrender all of myself to God’s service.



God may not call me to share the good news to those on the other side of the globe, but I know that my mission field is wherever I am at the moment. Through one of the workshop leaders, I gained the insight that ministry should not be limited by program, structure and location, but should also involve using our creativity. God gave each person different spiritual gifts and material possessions, both of which can used to serve and share with others. The Lord may lead me elsewhere in the near future, but for the time being He has brought me back to Toronto and I am eager to find creative means to extend love to whoever crosses paths with me.

I am also thoroughly encouraged that at a conference of this diversity and magnitude, God has called out to each one of us. I am excited to be a part of the larger and more extensive network of Christ followers who desire to see God’s name be glorified and His Kingdom lifted high. I have learned that God will use us as His vessels no matter how insignificant we are, as long as we are first open to allowing the Spirit to lead us. At this moment, I need to continue learning to listen to the Spirit as my future unfolds.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?