Wednesday, January 17, 2007

 
kyle’s testimony
When I first heard about Urbana, I was interested in the event for the purpose of knowledge in Christ’s work in the world. However, I was not sure whether I was actually being called by Christ to go to this event because I was unsure of the difference I can make to other’s lives. However, after much prayer, I felt Christ telling me that I would find the answer at the conference. At the conference, the speakers were really good and seemed to be answering all the questions I had that was holding me back. They gave an explanation of both God’s words in regards to a united church as well as a practical guide that I can follow to achieve that. As well, the workshops that I chose were all very informative with information regarding God’s word and the work he’s being doing in our world I would not receive in any other place. The most memorable workshop was the “Loving Muslims in an Age of Terror” workshop where the speaker discussed the faith of Islam as well as how to reach out to these people. I still was not getting my own calling to make a difference in the world though even after praying daily. I finally got that on the last day of workshops where I attended the workshop on the “Church in China”. They showed a song that the Christians sang that really touched my heart and made me want to reach out to these people. Because I’ll be going back to Hong Kong and China for school exchange, I am slowly finding ways to make a difference when I there. Also, I was really surprised by the amount of books at the bookstore at Urbana. I picked up a few books, and one was the “Cost of Discipleship”. I felt God calling me in every line of that book and it was really encouraging. I recommend anybody interested to go to Urbana because it is truly a life changing experience.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?