Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Ken Woo


Being at Urbana gave me a glimpse of what heaven would be like. Worshipping with so many believers was truly a unique experience. At Urbana, I met so many different people. Even though I didn’t know any of them to begin with, the connection we have as Christians made it so much easier to talk to people. I tried to stay away from the group I went with simply because I knew most of them and I wanted to meet other people. Being with my brothers and sisters in Christ felt like being in a big family reunion. You have no idea that these people are in your family, but you just know that they’re family.

One thing God really showed me at Urbana was fellowship and what being in one body really meant. We’re so used to the idea of fellowship being once a week that we often forget that there’s no evidence in the Bible to support this idea. In fact the opposite is true. In Acts 2:42-47, Paul talks of about the fellowship of believers. Paul says that they met daily. The people were together every day, just like how we were always together during Urbana. I guess that’s why so many people enjoy the Urbana environment, because it was what the early Christians did! And guess what? The Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. I guess God was trying to tell me to look at fellowship at a different way. Now, I guess the challenge would be to find other people who are also willing to spend more than one day to fellowship with each other.

I think this idea also relates to why we have these “spiritual highs”. It’s because we get to enjoy fellowship the way it is seen in the Bible. I think this is one of the reasons why we seem to lack this “passion” once we go back into our regular schedules. We miss the fellowship. I think the lesson that God has for me comes from thinking about this idea of passion. It made me realize that my passion in Christianity shouldn’t be coming from the great worship or the speakers, my passion in Christianity should be coming from Jesus. And that passion should never die out.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?